jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how to write a great query letter for print

1. pmalik profile image56
    pmalikposted 8 years ago

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to write a great query letter for print magazines??

2. JTT profile image60
    JTTposted 8 years ago

There are lots of online sources for this, however, my favorite thing to use is Writer's Market. You can buy it, or just look at it, at Barnes & Nobel.

3. dl53acy profile image74
    dl53acyposted 8 years ago

If you haven't gotten this information yet, let me see if I can help you.  Besides, I've written a couple and I'm currently working on another but it takes a little patience.

A Query Letter is nothing but a single page cover letter on introducing you and your book. It consist of 3 paragraphs,  the hook, the synopsis and the writer's biography.

A hook is a one-sentence tagline of your book - it's meant to hook the readers interest and entice them, the agent, publisher, and etc., to ask for more.

The synopsis is where you get to distill your entire book or summarize your entire book into one paragraph.  This where you get the tell the juicy stuff, the problems, the conflicts of your book and etc., - which can be worst than pulling teeth!

Then there is biography which is the easy part, this is about you, the writer those special things such as writing schools, awards and accomplishments etc., but keep it short.

Then your closing statement - a formal closure and that's it.

4. dl53acy profile image74
    dl53acyposted 8 years ago

Trying to get your book published? Publishers often request a Query Letter. I had to find out the hard way but willing to share from my experiences.  Here are the most important steps in preparing one.  Good Luck! read more

5. profile image47
    Dzon29posted 7 years ago

Make use of simple and easy and very clear sentences as you compose your job application letter. The jop application cover letter should really be a single page long, written on a typical sized A4 white pieces of paper. And a second important thing you must not neglect would be to supply your current contact specifics, mail and number, in which you might be accessible continuously.

You shouldn’t: Mailing a job application without a job cover letter is a big NO. Ensure that you address the job application letter in person, avoid phrases such as "To Whom it May Concern". Lexical, format and punctuation mistakes are forbidden in the jop application cover letter.

http://www.resumecoverletterexamples.org/

working