Are there any other published authors in this group? What are some good tips for promoting?
Here are some ideas for marketing a book you have published:
1. Contact bookstores to see if they will let you give a short talk about your book (and autograph copies while you're there, too.)
2. Check out radio stations---across the nation--that have interview shows where book authors can be guests. (If your book has a special angle of interest to the local audiences, that's a help, too.) Contact the stations, maybe first by email and then by phone. Send them some introductory info about yourself. As a radio talk host I did a lot of phone interviews with guests.
3. Look for book clubs (discussion groups) in communities. See if you can get yourself booked as a speaker.
4. Look for local civic clubs--they're always looking for speakers. If your topic is pertinent to their members, that's another possibility.
5. Look for public expos where you could set up a table, display your books, and (hopefully) make sales.
6. If there's an angle that is relevant to colleges or high schools, see if you can get booked as a speaker in one or more of their classes.
by GH Price4 years ago
How much is too much to pay for a Kindle book?I buy and read a lot of digital books. One thing that really irks me is when the price of them is similar to or even higher than the physical version. I have also seen new,...
by lannm5 years ago
How many of You are Published Authors?
by Lena Kovadlo7 years ago
There are so many books out there - books by well-known authors, books by newbie authors, and books by self-published authors. What is your criteria for deciding whether to buy a certain book or not? Also, would you buy...
by cavewriter7 years ago
by Timothy Ostrander7 years ago
What is the protocol for quoting other published authors on HubPages?I'm working on my first Hub and I'd like to include a somewhat lengthy quote (about 5 or so sentences long) in it. How do I cite/reference/link it?...
by TheWritingHub11 months ago
Hi, all. I am not new to hubpages but this is a new account. I was wondering if anyone has had success with e-books or self-publishing without any major issues? What companies did you use? How...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.