jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

I'm new here - some of my poetry is "too short"for a hub. How do I fill it with

1. mbwalz profile image90
    mbwalzposted 8 years ago

I'm new here - some of my poetry is "too short"for a hub. How do I fill it with "relevant" material?

2. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 8 years ago

I would suggest youtube music  videos and picture/ images.. you can also add space between your lines.. just some ideas.. welcome  smile (though it does depend on how short you're talking)

3. PeeGee profile image56
    PeeGeeposted 8 years ago

I have started adding an intro for the poems I post, some background and reference points - it is frustrating that you can't just post 10 lines if you want to though,,,, welcome

4. barranca profile image79
    barrancaposted 8 years ago

some of my poems are pretty short....I just add an image or two that tends to illustrate the poem in some way or another.

5. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 8 years ago

There's a minimum of original word content that a Hub must have, or the automatic filters will prevent you from being able to publish the Hub.  Images, videos and links will not fulfill the text requirements.

You may have to put several poems onto one Hub to satisfy that requirement.  Or use a different publishing platform for your poetry.

6. Christopher Floyd profile image58
    Christopher Floydposted 8 years ago

I know a poet who has a six line poem for a hub.  It seems to have worked.

7. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

G'day, I've got a few short poems here on Hubpages about Love. I just write a paragraph at a start of the Hub, then a picture, then the poem.  I usually give a brief description about what each poem is about. You could do this, or alternatively write a little about yourself as the Author. Best wishes.

8. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

If your hub is tagged poem or poetry it should remove the length warning.  I believe it still needs to have at least 50 words in order to be published (or fewer words and a photo).  A very short poem, a single haiku for instance, might still be a problem I guess ...

Closed to reply