Which is your favorite writing format?

1. Mighty Mom profile image85
    Mighty Momposted 8 years ago

Which is your favorite writing format?

2. GadDragon profile image61
    GadDragonposted 8 years ago

My answer to this simple question is: Poetic. While I enjoy writing in other formats, as well, poetry is what I consider the hardest format in which to write. There may be many forms of poetry, but the basic fact is that poetry forces you to use your vocabulary to it's fullest extent, as well as distill down what you're trying to say to something that can be passed on as poetry. Prose writing, while satisfying, is so much easier, in my humble opinion.

3. profile image0
    RS Wightposted 8 years ago

Making the assumption that you are asking about style, I would have to say that I love prose.  The last several pieces I have done have been either essays or so close to an essay in style that the difference was undetectable.  I like detailed imagery and clean lines, every word needs to fit perfectly or I'm just not happy.

If you are asking about how I write, what tools I use, the answer is strangely more difficult.  I use to require a notebook and a pen at all times, just in case something came to me, and if I didn't have them close at hand I was a nervous a fidgety.  Now though, after over a dozen years working on a computer, I find that writing on paper when I really want to be writing is too cumbersome; I cross out more lines than I write and end up wasting almost every notebook I use!  Now everything I write, even my scribbled notes goes onto the computer as quickly as I can get it there.

Closed to reply

working