jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Writing using red ink pen - How is it wrong, rude or illegal?

1. LOT2DO profile image37
    LOT2DOposted 8 years ago

Writing using red ink pen - How is it wrong, rude or illegal?

2. profile image0
    loriamooreposted 8 years ago

Well . . . in terms of being a college professor returning papers or exams, I never use a red ink pen because it freaks them out and they feel as if I've "bled" all over their papers. I use green, blue, or purple, which is more calming.

However . . . when returning edited copy to  my publisher when I am writing a book, I mark the proofreaders marks/corrections in red ink to make them more readily identifiable.

3. TheWatchman profile image87
    TheWatchmanposted 8 years ago

I would never use red ink on forms or official documents. 

I do use red ink when correcting my students work,It's a mistake! I don't want them to feel good about it, I want it to make an impact on them so they clearly know what they need to improve on.  Using another color is nicer of course, but it also may have a softer impact and not be taken as seriously.

4. EFPotter profile image61
    EFPotterposted 8 years ago

When I'm going through a manuscript or script or critiquing someone's written work harshly (because they've asked) I use pen. There's a lot of crossing out and writing and generally hard feedback.

On grades, purple feels great. Purple can be correcting, but not severe. It's gentler while still conveying what needs fixed. When I get back a paper with purple on it, it feels good. I know this sounds strange, but it's true.

In legal writing, blue and black are the designated color types. They're easy to read and won't hurt anyone's eyes. Same for legal forms.

5. profile image48
    henrydixonposted 5 years ago

It depends on where to write...

If  you use red ink in exams. it means it is illegal.

Or you use it on invitation car means it gives good impression.

I also have the red ink that was manufactured in needham-ink manufacturer.

working