jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why are people too lazy to type out "you" instead of "u"? Why are people too la

1. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Why are people too lazy to type out "you" instead of "u"?  Why are people too lazy to use the...

"Shift key" to capitalize the initial letter of sentences and "I" instead or "i"?

2. sasanqua profile image80
    sasanquaposted 8 years ago

I don't think it's necessarily a laziness thing. It depends on the situation. In some online forums and other sites, it is actually more acceptable to use "netspeak." However, there are some situations where netspeak is inappropriate, for example when writing a resume!

If a person is spending a lot of time writing on forums, it is quicker and easier to use netspeak. The same goes for instant messaging, etc. Of course, this type of language would be inappropriate for a hub! I think the problem is that some people think it is appropriate to use netspeak all the time, when they should take into account the context of where they are using it.

3. nochance profile image91
    nochanceposted 8 years ago

It is becoming a common way to write. It's simply easier to just hit "u" instead of typing out "you." I have always been a writer so I find it hard to write that way.

Also with the advent of texting it is simpler to use textspeak instead of writing out whole words. It takes less space and it is quicker to type, so you can get more out of your message in less time.

If you want to do something to change people writing like that, always make sure you write in sentences with things capitalized.

4. digitalkdogg profile image56
    digitalkdoggposted 6 years ago

I think this kind of talk has become kind of the norm lately.  It is a shame as more and more kids talk this way it has become mainstream.  If you want a more complete list of net lingo words then you should check out http://www.txt-dictionary.com

working