jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are your preferred methods of selling your novel; self publishing or throug

1. Ande Moore profile image61
    Ande Mooreposted 7 years ago

What are your preferred methods of selling your novel; self publishing or through the house?

2. profile image51
    SusanClaridgeposted 7 years ago

I do not want to self-publish.  I would prefer to find an Agent and go through a Publishing House.

3. Fenrisiys profile image67
    Fenrisiysposted 7 years ago

I dont wont selfpublish too! And looking for publisher now!

4. selfPublisher profile image57
    selfPublisherposted 7 years ago

Looking for a publisher can be a difficult job. There are no easy paths, but there are plenty of excellent self-published books and successful self-published authors.

When it comes to self-publishing, you can use a vanity publisher or actually "self-publish." I'm working on self-published books #3 and #4, and I'm not waiting around for a New York conglomerate to send me an advance.

What is it about self-publishing that makes you hesitate? What is it about traditional publishers that interests you?

5. lovebuglena profile image87
    lovebuglenaposted 5 years ago

I've self-published my poetry and lyric books as that seems the best route to go for these kinds of books. I wrote a novel and hope to publish it someday. I've been thinking about whether to self-publish it or go through a traditional publisher. I might self-publish it. It doesn't matter if a novel is published the traditional way or self-published. What matters is how it's marketed. Of course publishing it with a traditional publisher means the marketing is done for you and paid for you, whereas self-publishing a book means you do your own marketing and pay for it yourself. So, that's a downside. But other than that how a book is published shouldn't really make a difference.