jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Who's your favorite fiction author?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image82
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

Who's your favorite fiction author?

2. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 7 years ago

chetan bhagat , Ayn Rand , robin sharma

3. kgnature profile image57
    kgnatureposted 7 years ago

As far as modern authors go, my taste changes from day to day.  The best novel I've read lately is White Tiger by an author with a very difficult name - sorry.  I've never seen anything else he has written but I'm hopeful that I'll find something soon.  It's going to have to say "by the author or White Tiger" on the cover or I'll miss it.

My favorite of all time is Herman Melville.  I particularly like the canibals and island adventures in Typee & Omoo.  I have to say that as far as literary genius goes, these aren't his best efforts, but they are a rollicking good time.

4. lilian_sg profile image74
    lilian_sgposted 7 years ago

For classics I like Jane Austen. For newer fiction, it's Jodi Picoult http://hubpages.com/hub/Books-that-made-me

5. ladyjane1 profile image80
    ladyjane1posted 7 years ago

I have a few but my all time fav is Stephen King.

6. jj200 profile image77
    jj200posted 7 years ago

Ernest Hemingway, for sure. Although if J.D. Salinger had published more, he might have been it just for his sheer candor.

7. RevLady profile image60
    RevLadyposted 7 years ago

Dean Koontz. To me, he is so creative in mind. I love the way he has me believing one way only to discover I was way off track. I also like his books because they taste of the bizarre.

I must have time though when I read them, for once I start, I cannot stop. He keeps you in suspense until the very end. My next adventure is his soon to be in bookstores, Frankenstein: Lost Souls.

8. MarnieGrace profile image55
    MarnieGraceposted 7 years ago

Stephen King is my favorite, hands down.  I can always count on him to give me food for thought and a fascinating story.   "It" is the best book I have ever read.  Besides just telling a great story and exploring idea of the innate power of the imagination, goodness and the innocence of children, King juggles 7 main characters over a 29 year time span while switching back seamlessly between them and never confusing the reader.  It is a novel of literary proportions.  Anyone who demeans King as solely a “horror-writer” should be ashamed.

9. USMCwifey09 profile image69
    USMCwifey09posted 7 years ago

Classical: Jane Austen
    Modern: Gregory Maguire

10. bingogunter profile image57
    bingogunterposted 6 years ago

Kurt Vonnegut!  I love him so much I have his self portrait tattooed on my leg.

11. bwonderboo profile image56
    bwonderbooposted 6 years ago

Right now I'm really loving Christopher Moore

working