jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What in "Twilight" appeals to older women? Why do they implore to read these nov

1. profile image51
    emelyiupposted 7 years ago

What in "Twilight" appeals to older women? Why do they implore to read these novels?

2. profile image51
    meghancsmithnjposted 7 years ago

I am pushing 40 and love the romance and bonding. For me, it is not the vampire theme. Stephanie Meyers is a fabulous writer and her writing allows the reader to become a part of the book. I am sure this is an appealing factor of any great novel or story for anyone of any age.

3. MPG Narratives profile image61
    MPG Narrativesposted 7 years ago

It's just a bit of escapism. The novel isn't great but it is a way to go into a bit of a fantasyland and the movies have very good "eye-candy" to enjoy.

4. profile image0
    Chasukposted 7 years ago

Vampire romance and erotica are very popular genres. They are fun to read; try them.

My wife and I both read Laurell K. Hamilton, Kim Harrison, Charlaine Harris, Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, and others. We enjoy the sharing.

Parents often share books with their children. Stephenie Meyer is safe sharing, whereas the authors i listed above write books that most parents would feel uncomfortable sharing with their daughters.

That's the reason; access to a collective shared experience.