jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are the best teen sci-fi books?

1. kaltopsyd profile image79
    kaltopsydposted 7 years ago

What are the best teen sci-fi books?

Just looking for opinions.

2. TwO1FouR profile image59
    TwO1FouRposted 7 years ago

Twilight... of course Lol. I hear the books are actually very interesting

3. wilderness profile image98
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

Robert Heinlein:  Podkayne of Mars, Orphans of the Sky, Citizen of the Galaxy.

Larry Niven:  Integral Trees, Dream Park, Barsoom Project

Orson Scott Card:  Enders Game

4. kerryg profile image88
    kerrygposted 7 years ago

I read more fantasy than sci-fi, but A Wrinkle in Time and Ender's Game are both classic YA sci-fi, and I'd recommend just about anything by Isaac Asimov as being enjoyable and appropriate for teens too. I also enjoyed the Pern books by Anne McCaffery as a teenager, and some of the better Star Trek novels, such as Spock's World.

5. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Edgar Rice Burroughs, Mars Series, Isaac Asimov and Andre Norton, smile I read them avidly as a teen and still enjoy them now as a adult.

6. ChamberNaut profile image57
    ChamberNautposted 7 years ago

John Marco is a fantastic author and he normally sticks to the fantasy genre, like his Bronze Knight trilogy. However, he's recently taken it a bit more modern with his latest book Starfinder, Book 1 in the Skylords Series. There are mystical aspects to it, but it has a very strong Steampunk feel to it when I read it. It's classified as YA, and I highly recommend it.

7. Painted Seahorse profile image94
    Painted Seahorseposted 7 years ago

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is a recent YA sci-fi read. It has a Battle Royale style plot in a futuristic dystopian world.

Haven't yet read the sequel Catching Fire but my sister says its great. One book of the trilogy remains.

Also, I second the recommendations for Ender's Game and the Wrinkle in Time Quintet. If you enjoyed Ender's Game, then Ender's Shadow is another thrilling read. It takes the same major events of EG and explores them from the perspective of another character, Bean.