I Have Put My Poetry On This Website In Hope Of Them Getting Published And Wante

1. BettyBoop72 profile image57
    BettyBoop72posted 7 years ago

I Have Put My Poetry On This Website In Hope Of Them Getting Published And Wanted To Know A Way Of

Preventing Them From Being Stolen Or Used As Someone Elses Work?

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image62
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

Anything published online can be and is often stolen and published elsewhere on the internet. If you want to get your poetry published, I wouldn't recommend you posting it here. Also there have been cases of Google not indexing copied items before the original ones so in that case you won't be able to even prove your case in the court.
    Bottom line is: "Do NOT publish your work here and try talking to publishers instead."

3. jasoncox83 profile image74
    jasoncox83posted 7 years ago

Correct, you will want it copyscape protected before you publish it anywhere online. Also this would not be your best means in increasing exposure to your work, as poetry usually does not fair many views on content websites...You will want to have it submitted to poetry, or creative writing sites. However they will more than likely require first American publishing rights, or electronic rights for X time (or perm). So make sure you read the copyright on any site you decide to post it to.

I hope this helps a bit, I wish you the best of luck.

working