jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I include links to books and or articles ex. Amazon.com or something sim

1. Inkwell780 profile image59
    Inkwell780posted 7 years ago

How do I include links to books and or articles ex.  Amazon.com or something similar on my hubs?

2. rnbguru profile image34
    rnbguruposted 7 years ago

You could use a links unit for your hub. If you click that, it allows you to place a link in it which could be the link to the amazon page you know the url for.

3. LillyGrillzit profile image78
    LillyGrillzitposted 7 years ago

When you are at your set-up for your Hub, you are given a default setting, usually "Text", "Photo" and "Link". You will notice at the upper Right Hand side of the page, There are blocks containing, "Text", "Photo", "Link", "Amazon", "Video", "Maps", "Code", "E-Bay", and a "Poll" and "Survey". When you click on any of these, give it a minute, and at the bottom of the page, what you clicked will be there. Amazon, forinstance, click "Edit", it has a choice, let Amazon Choose by Keyword or Content, or Add your Own content. I always add my own, because I make sure the products have at least a 3.5 star rating. The default is 3 items. Since I usually average about 1000 words per Hub, I choose a standard of 4. With your current Hub you are working, open a new Tab, and get Amazon.com. Do searches for things that match your subject or review. You will find what you want on a page with other items. You must choose that one item. When it is displayed, click on the url address bar and copy. Then switch back and forth putting the links into the Amazon capsule. When you are done. "Save", then verify an image showed up for all products...after that...good luck

4. poetvix profile image68
    poetvixposted 7 years ago

It's really easy Inky.  You can do it one of two ways that I know of.  I'm sure there are other ways too but I don't know them yet. 
    First, you can simply go to the page you wish to link to and copy the web address.  Then go to the capsule you wish to have it displayed in and past it there.
    Secondly, you can insert a links capsule in your Hub.  When building your Hub look up towards the top of the page.  You will see a toolbar of capsules you can add.  Click on the links capsule.  It will appear at the bottom of the page.  Click edit on the links capsule and paste or type the web address of the link you wish to display in the appropriate field.  I think you can do up to three links per capsule but, to the best of my knowledge, you can insert as many links capsules as you wish. 
    I'm sure you can find better answers than mine in the forums but for now I hope this helps.  Happy Hubbing Inky!

working