jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are you allowed to publish your own stories on HubPages?

1. profile image44
    GypsyReaperposted 7 years ago

Are you allowed to publish your own stories on HubPages?

I am working on a novel, and have a few chapters worked up. This story has not been seen by any publishers or anything, and I was wondering if I could post the chapters here and see how well people read them?

2. profile image0
    Amie Warrenposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't. Too easy for someone to steal it, and if it's good, they WILL steal it. I have an online friend who published part of a story on a writing board. Someone stole it, finished it, published it, and had the nerve to brag about it. This person was an idiot, though. They didn't even change a thing, put her text verbatim into their story, so they were easily caught. Stupid.

But most plagiarizers are not that stupid.  Say you put an entire chapter here, they jazz it up, send it off, get a book deal out of it. Your story is gone, and you have to start over.

3. LSKing profile image78
    LSKingposted 7 years ago

That's a good question I was thinking the same thing. I just wonder about people stealing your ideas..... that was a concern of mines. I hope you get an answer.... because I would like to know too smile

4. sir_tallest profile image62
    sir_tallestposted 7 years ago

If you intend of depend on adsense and other affiliate programs here to make money out of it.......then i'll say it's a great place to publish........but if you have great plans for the book........i'll advise you to keep writing till you complete it and then make a big publication

5. VioletSun profile image80
    VioletSunposted 7 years ago

Definitely yes! We have popular hubbers who have published installments of their stories in Hubpages, however, I would be afraid someone would steal my ideas, but that's my concern. smile

6. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

Yes, as long as they are original and "quality content". Good luck.