jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Welcome to our community! What made you decide to join HubPages?

1. lorlie6 profile image82
    lorlie6posted 7 years ago

Welcome to our community!  What made you decide to join HubPages?

2. Powerful Pierre profile image80
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

Hello Lorlie.  To answer your question, I always knew I could write from an early age but had no way to do it in a group set up til a close friend of mine on the sportspage we both participate in suggested I check this sight out. I have no regrets, am enjoying the quality others write about, have published a couple of my own hubs (shameless am I not) and have encouraged my wife FloBe to join me on here also where she in just under a week has published 4 articles.  There's no place like home (hubpages).

3. FloBe profile image82
    FloBeposted 7 years ago

I love to write in my personal journal and have done it almost daily for 15 years. HubPages gives me a new avenue to diversify my writing and I'm really enjoying it!

4. Mancini profile image60
    Manciniposted 7 years ago

I was looking for a place to blog about my favourite topic which is primarily religion, in particular Catholic orientated Biblical Apologetics. I'm only an amateur but I guess I just hope folks who read my stuff enjoy it as much as I do writing it! smile

5. ahorseback profile image76
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

One of the reasons I joined  was to have an outlet for  the silent voice within, I have seen other sites but hub pages offered  a feedback that is a great resource for beginning and serious writers too.  Rather than  putting my written words in a box or on a shelf  I can share with like minded and absolutely wonderful people , like Lorlie......

6. ptosis profile image75
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

I wanted to try out hubpages versus associatedcontent to see which one had the better monthly income with 'residuals'.

It works out pretty much the same monthly $$ 'residuals' if ignore the upfront money for stories from associatedcontent.

Hubpages are more fun to do with the multimedia but if I think I can get upfront money just for writing then I go to associatedcontent.

7. dotty1 profile image65
    dotty1posted 7 years ago

I am sooooo glad that I joined Hubpages, it has helped me continue doing something that I love during times of low feeling and rejection that people out there do like my work....Joining a fantastic community of freinds with a kindred spirit is just amazing and thank you to every single person who has made me smile x

working