jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why does everyone love Twilight so much??

1. profile image51
    NerdKnewsposted 7 years ago

Why does everyone love Twilight so much??

And do we want children to follow Bella Swan and have an early romance???

2. GamerAinion profile image89
    GamerAinionposted 7 years ago

I have no clue, It probably because its written for the masses. The same way WoW is WoW, its for every person, not that difficult, holds your hand and it keeps you entertained and somewhat happy.

other than that... I have no clue lol.

3. A la carte profile image56
    A la carteposted 7 years ago

It is a well written story with good characters and suspense with a youthful cast that will attract followers. As for early romances..sheesh you got to be kidding...how you going to stop it...the best you can hope for is good sense:)

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

There is a bug going around that enters the brain, generally of young/teenage girls, and starts eating the brain, this stops the iinflicted person thinking properly giving the end result of liking Twighlight.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image93
    M. T. Dremerposted 7 years ago

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was the wrong book at the right time. I remember when it first started getting popular there were a lot of comparisons made to Harry Potter, which didn't make sense to me because the books had nothing in common. But the more I thought about it, the more I started to think of Twilight as less of a rival to Harry Potter and more as a successor. Think about it, the harry potter books created a massive generation of young readers (arguably more girls than boys). Now this generation has reached the tween/teen ages and they are looking for another series to become obsessed with. Enter twilight. It's non-threatening, romantic (a matter of opinion), and has a descent amount of lore to chew on. It came at the right time and the Harry Potter generation ate it up with a spoon.

Be prepared to see this happen again, as they outgrow twilight and start looking for adult novels. Though I originally disliked twilight fiercely, if it means more people are reading, then at least its doing something right. As for the boys that liked Harry Potter, they seemed to gravitate towards Percy Jackson and the Olympians, which is a much greater series than Twilight, in my opinion. But then again, I'm a guy.

6. Kara Skinner profile image85
    Kara Skinnerposted 2 years ago

I remember finding Twilight incredibly romantic when I read it, and then I got obsessed with Jacob Black when the movies came out. I was in middle school at the time and loved the idea of three boys (if you also count Will) falling in love with me. That's why I read the books, really. As for early romance... that's not the problem. Not only is Bella a terrible example as getting a love life early because she's in late high school when she starts dating Edward, but most middle school and early high school romances are pretty innocent and short-lived. What you should be concerned with is how unhealthy Edward's and Bella's relationship is. Kids might start thinking insta-love and resisting the urge to kill is romantic, and trying to commit suicide is the greatest declaration of love there is.

working