jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)

Who is your favorite author, and why?

1. xanzacow profile image73
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

Who is your favorite author, and why?

2. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 5 years ago

Neville Goddard. He clearly explained that imagination creates reality. By relaxing and visualizing, a person can change anything in life.

1. loveofnight profile image80
      loveofnightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I had never heard of Neville Goddard before but I liked what you had to say about the man so I looked him up and was impressed. I just bookmarked a lecture by him entitled: Thinking  Fourth-Dimensionally. I can see why you chose him as a favorite.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Jeaniene Frost. I love her characters. They seem real and are copies of my relationship with my partner. I'm addicted to how she makes them real, pulls me into the story, and I love the paranormal romance world.

4. loveofnight profile image80
    loveofnightposted 5 years ago

I would have to say Edgar Allen Poe, when I was in elementary school I was first introduced to him. I think that I was in second grade when my teacher read the poem " The Raven " to me for the first time. I was hooked, I loved the way that he used words to tell a story. From that point on reading and writing became a major part of my life.

xanzacowposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Poe has a dark side that I kinda like....

5. dcollins3 profile image72
    dcollins3posted 5 years ago

My favorite author is R.A. Salvatore because he created the most interesting hero who can also kick butt: Drizzt Do'Urden.

6. Sunny River profile image60
    Sunny Riverposted 5 years ago

My favorite author is C.S. Lewis. He wrote such amazing and intelligent works that are still so thought provoking, powerful, and absolutely wonderful to read. Even today they are still making movies based on his books and I have learned so much from reading them. Not just The Chronicles of Narnia, but also The Screwtape Letters and The Great Divorce.

7. kj force profile image73
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

I have many authors that I enjoy, however my favourite is Stephen King..his ways of taking the everyday mondane and adding twists, where you never know what to expect and when it will happen. He has written under several pen names, so there are many stories out there, but he has a style that is unmistaken...and he stays true to his writes...

1. loveofnight profile image80
      loveofnightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are so right, Stephen King is an attention grabber. So many of us associate him with the movies that we/I forget about the great books that he has written.

2. xanzacow profile image73

I also love to read King's work. I did not know that he used aliases. This is interesting. What are those other pen names? If the ones making the movies from his writings would spend a little more money and effort in doing so, they would be great!

3. kj force profile image73
      kj forceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

xanzacow..King used several names in the late 70/80, he was experimenting to see if under other names his writings would be as successful. Names Richard Bachman 7 novels / Joel Hill often met  characters by King. The Thinner/Rage,The running man..smile

4. xanzacow profile image73

Got it now!!!!!! Thank you so much!

8. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

Hello xanzacow. Let me state I am in a weird mood today. So, having offered a disclaimer the answer is a toss up between kj Force and loveofnight, now. However it certainly will change when I slide on over to the next question seeking answers.

The why for 'kj' is I learned something I did not before. I did not know Stephen King authored with additional pen names. Also, I appreciate her appreciation and hint of admiration for King's style. And, I am a fan of John Force of NHRA fame. I keep wondering if the two are related. Hence, a favorite through association within this mind anyway.

The why with 'loveofnight is the parallels of inference with the pen name used for hubpages and the discovery of reading and writing 'with' Poe. A fan of Poe and introduced near to the same age with his works an empathic aura ensued. A sense of likeness for the awe of Poe created feelings of similarity. Hence, a favorite, again, through association.

Tim

Very interesting.......what are your thoughts now? smile

2. kj force profile image73
      kj forceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

did you get the info I sent you on the pen names of S king and the stories he did under those names? had a comp situation and it closed on me right after I hit send...

3. xanzacow profile image73

No kj i did not get it. sad

9. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

Gore Vidal was my favorite author, because his subjects were of great interest to me and he knew so much of what he was talking about. I also enjoyed his writing style.

10. writinglover profile image87
    writingloverposted 5 years ago

Hi!

I would have to say that Agatha Christie is my favorite author. She writes brilliantly when it comes to the crime scenes. It's detailed, but not too detailed that the reader loses sight of the story. I also like how she describes her characters so clearly that her characters seemingly come to life. My favorite mystery, by the way, is "Murder on the Orient Exrpess."

11. ceyda profile image75
    ceydaposted 5 years ago

ı do not want to distinguish agatha christia from stephan king,but ıf ı have to select one of them , certainly,Agatha Christie is the first in my heart . Why? every reader wants himself and herself in the story as if we were in side the story with all actions and one book must be ıts suspense and excited that we should not want to make a break while reading it. searching for who is the murderer and making some assumptions in our brain gives us the capability of brainstorming.That's why ı chose ıt because of feelıng all of these qualities in her every book.

12. profile image0
    supreme upbeatposted 5 years ago

T.S.Eliot .what he writes ,writes from  inner psychology .

13. Jynzly profile image74
    Jynzlyposted 5 years ago

I am absolutely impressed by the work of Guy Murchie, "The Seven Mysteries of Life". It is science, ecology, social sciences, philosophy and more. A well researched book that contains a lot of knowledge about all sorts of the evolving life in the universe. It is insightful. Thumbs up for Guy Murchie.

working