jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Who is your favorite author and why?

1. LoriSoard profile image75
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

Who is your favorite author and why?

I really enjoy Jane Austen still. I love a good romance and I enjoy the way Austen wrote about society and it's silent rules and expectations. Can be an author from any period, though, including contemporary.

2. Senoritaa profile image68
    Senoritaaposted 6 years ago

Mr. Dickens still tops my list. His captivating style, with his heart wrenching plots leave me spellbound time after time, page after page.

3. lex123 profile image66
    lex123posted 6 years ago

Mine is Danielle Steel. She creates powerful characters who can touch the human minds across the world. She has a simple style and easily gets into the minds of people.

4. ishwaryaa22 profile image88
    ishwaryaa22posted 6 years ago

My most favorite author is Danielle steel- she wrote many interesting books which dealt with not only romance but also human values, how to rectify mistakes in relationships and how the characters in her books are often portrayed as strong-minded people who learn to accept and understand life and other people better.  Her stories in her books are told in a sensible way and often have happily ever after endings.  Danielle Steel spun stories in a dramatic manner that her fans can relate well to her stories and the characters in them. Danielle Steel has a special gift of not only inimitable story-telling but also an unique way of connecting with her fans/readers through her books.

5. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 6 years ago

For me, it as toss up between:
    Aldous Huxley for the way he handled multiple convesations in Brave New World;
    George Orwel'' for his description and use of language in 1984:
    William Gibson for his inventivness and ease of reading.

6. hoteltravel profile image71
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

None other than P G Wodehouse. His supreme sense of humor is unparalleled. His books can make me laugh even in the darkest moments.

7. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

So many but I love an old author, Mary Lasswell.  Also while I don't really read horror anymore, I do love Stephen King's style.

8. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Jeannine Frost. She is so good at making realistic characters that are what I adore in people. The kind of people I want to meet but will never find. Like Bones, Vlad, and Cat smile

9. ChristyWrites profile image83
    ChristyWritesposted 6 years ago

My favourite author is Margaret Atwood. She has a wonderful unique way of telling stories and I love the detail of her novels.

10. ar.colton profile image83
    ar.coltonposted 6 years ago

Ray Bradbury

I've never been so affected by a book as I was by The Illusrtated Man

working