jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Whats your all time favorite book?

1. PhoenixV profile image69
    PhoenixVposted 7 years ago

Whats your all time favorite book?

Who is your favorite author too?

2. EllenDean profile image79
    EllenDeanposted 7 years ago

"The Discoverers", by Daniel J. Boorstin.  It's part of a trilogy and tells the in-depth stories of discoveries made by man, including the invention of the clock.  It's a heavy, thick read, written by a man that was the head librarian of the Library of Congress for 12 years.  It's a fun book to read with a friend.  The other two books that follow it are: "The Creators" (about artists) and "The Seekers". 

Favorite author - Salmon Rushdie. I marvel at his book "Ground Beneath Her Feet"...exquisite!!  Hard to get into, impossible to put down once you're in his world.

3. phiphi profile image58
    phiphiposted 7 years ago

One of my favourite book is Alisa which is wrote by a young girl which is about to be 17 when she wrote this book and i really love Alisa By Qudsia Pervez

4. FloBe profile image81
    FloBeposted 7 years ago

"Hinds Feet on High Places" by Hannah Hurnard is my favorite book on a very personal level.

As to an author, it really depends on what mood I'm in and then I have some favorites in each genre. I don't really have an all-time favorite. I try each year to read new authors to introduce myself to different styles and I've gathered new favorites along the way smile

5. Gerry Hiles profile image57
    Gerry Hilesposted 7 years ago

Hard pick: but my first thought was Plato's "Republic".

I'll stick with that, but add Jung' "Memories, Dreams and Reflections" and Kenneth Graemes "The Wind in the Willows".

6. oceansnsunsets profile image88
    oceansnsunsetsposted 7 years ago

Too many to answer to my satisfaction, but if I had to narrow it down to one, it would be the Bible.  Great question!
    Another one I loved very much and that was very long, was Gone with the Wind.  Its a great read!

working