jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are some of your favorite subjects or themes in your creative writing?

1. Anaya M. Baker profile image84
    Anaya M. Bakerposted 7 years ago

What are some of your favorite subjects or themes in your creative writing?

2. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 7 years ago

I usually focus around science/health or awareness. Almost anything related to helping others.

I aslo love issues dealing with african lions. Such as one I did on "Christian the lion". Awesome true story.

But anything that provokes interest in me will get written about.

3. profile image49
    lex.dameposted 7 years ago

Some of my favorite subjects for creative writing are pitches for new ideas as far as cartoon shows, or pitches for cartoon movies, or trading cards that can be invented to make a game more interesting. I also like the idea of cartoon characters or video game characters doing something unexpected or new, and I like the idea of making new cartoons just like the old ones to show possibilities that the creators of those shows never went for (for example, in the animated series Aladdin, they never had an episode where he had to face ALL his recurring enemies. At the most there was occasionally a teamup with two enemies against him.).

I also like science fiction type stories, as long as they're not too complicated. It isn't that I'm not smart enough to follow along or anything, but it just isn't fun if I have to put that much effort into  figuring out what's going on, especially since it isn't really real anyway. I like fantasy even better, and I enjoy a story involving the occult, as long as it has a happy ending. One theme or subject I love exploring is the idea of a character becoming either younger or older than their natural age. Getting older is perfectly natural, so a character getting younger is much more intriguing. One of my favorite story types is superhero/super-villain stories, since they combine fantasy with fighting and usually a battle for truth and justice.

I don't like to see or read about someone dying, though, and if I read about a hero, I want to know that they are virtuous and just, not simply buffed and think they can beat other people to a pulp. Cartoons are definitely my field of interest, and I like them to be creative, kosher, and (If taken from another show or movie, or short) accurate to their character creation. I'm not sure if I've answered your question exactly, but I tried.

4. MarieAlice profile image80
    MarieAliceposted 7 years ago

my favorite themes are about family and raising kids (I have 4), also about natural ways to keep our home clean. I like writing about traditions and everything related to religion too...Fashion and health are other issues I´m interested in----

5. Mark Ewbie profile image87
    Mark Ewbieposted 7 years ago

My favourite theme and something I deeply care about is me.

Er.  To put some more meat on the bones.

Me. And what I think about things, how I view the world.

6. Vargtorna profile image57
    Vargtornaposted 7 years ago

Personally, a dull, drab setting, a straight-to-the point plot, but with much 'rambling.' I love to write philosophically. My writing could be somewhat reminiscent to Camus, infused with Satre. Or the subjective interpretations of Mendelssohn, Debussy or Chopin.

7. Deborah Brooks profile image78
    Deborah Brooksposted 6 years ago

I write  a lot about my Mom that just passed in July. she is my inspiration and my father a war hero. . and my grandchildren. .. and past loves.. I .love to write Love Romantic poems.. and about My Lord.and friends...

working