jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is poetry suitable here & is there a limit to the number of words that I could s

1. Twilight Lawns profile image82
    Twilight Lawnsposted 7 years ago

Is poetry suitable here & is there a limit to the number of words that I could submit for a story?

Hi Christoph.  I am asking you because I feel a bit swamped by the site.  It's early days, I know, but....  I love writing poetry (and verse) but wonder of it's really suitable for Hubpages. Also, I have written some more lengthy stories for my site and wonder of there is a maximum number of words that one could submit before the readers became bored witless, or they felt they wanted to give up the will to live. I almost feel that you are my Mentor because you have been so kind as to promote my stuff, and also because I admire your work so much.

2. Christoph Reilly profile image74
    Christoph Reillyposted 7 years ago

Hey, Twilight Lawns.  I've put all of one bit of poetry on HP (http://hubpages.com/hub/Random-Poetry-C … euss-Count) and a couple of song lyrics, "New York Lullabye" comes to mind, but I don't do much.  But of course it's acceptable. Many people write nothing but.  Tom Rubenoff is the bard of poetry around this joint, and Randy Behavior writes lots of it...or did (http://hubpages.com/profile/Randy+Behavior), both personal friends. Cris A writes a bit too.  There all really good.  I have no idea about length, though.  It can have an effect on whether people will read it, but some will.  I say, stay true to yourself and do what you want.  There are only minimum word requirements so people sometime will put several on a page if they're real short ones.  Hope this helps!  You can can contact a writer directly through the site for this kind of question.  This here is public.  Hope all is well.

3. Pollyannalana profile image85
    Pollyannalanaposted 7 years ago

Many write poetry here so it is great. I had a story here over 20,000 words and it got read and compliments but it was a children's story, most here probably don't go for. I don't write for money but if that is what you want to do you should look at the ones with highest scores are doing. Nothing makes too much sense and you can't pen anyone down for an answer but hope this helps. if you are doing it for fun, do whatever you want, i do know that.

4. A la carte profile image57
    A la carteposted 7 years ago

poetry is always welcome...and as for word limits...I personally think around 300 words ...otherwise it will get a bit overlong and people will not read it...now that is my personal opinion not necessarily the right one smile

working