jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the philosophy/psychology behind this belief that if you put a picture o

1. suncat profile image58
    suncatposted 7 years ago

What is the philosophy/psychology behind this belief that if you put a picture of something you...

want to get, like a picture of a new house or a car or the money itself for that matter on your wall where you can see it always, it will eventually materialize into the thing itself?

I understand the concept of visualization technique but that is when it comes to intangible things like relationship  and spirit; but this is about connecting an image on paper to the actual item you wish to have in your possession.

This connection seems to be of a different kind and it doesn't quite connect...

2. THE DIVINE YOU. profile image59
    THE DIVINE YOU.posted 7 years ago

Its based on the principle focus. Man is reflect all the elements he place on perfect focus.

3. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

You have answered your own question, visualisation techniques just concentrate the mind to achieve the desired result, no magic, no mumbo-jumbo.

4. framistan profile image58
    framistanposted 7 years ago

Here is the secret behind the "visualization" technique.   The things you DO in this world will determine what you GET in this world.  I am not the originator of that thought.  I overheard a lady in a restaurant talking about her boyfriend who was in jail.  I heard her say,  "What you DO... is what you GET!"   That was one of the most insightfull things i have ever heard.  I wrote it down and never forgot it. But that was not the end of the story.

One day, i read a SIGN that takes this concept a little closer to the ABSOLUTE truth of "doing" equals "getting."
    The sign said ....

"BELIEFS determine BEHAVIORS!" 

The lady was RIGHT about DOING equals GETTING.  But why do we DO things??  It's from our belief system.  The lady's boyfriend was not in jail because of his ACTIONS.  His belief-system (based on lies) caused bad actions caused bad consequences!  When we change our beliefs from BAD ones to GOOD ones.. our behaviors follow right along... and eventually you get good RESULTS!

BELIEFS ...... BEHAVIORS ....... RESULTS ! 

On a side-note... This is why it is so destructive to have a news media that puts out LIES and half-truths and SPIN.  If the people don't have the TRUTH from the media, we will believe LIES and the results will be a bad result.

5. Mpho Mokobi profile image42
    Mpho Mokobiposted 7 years ago

The idea is to frequently and continuously see it until you believe that it is possible to achieve it.
    “Everything is possible for one who believes.” Mark 9:11

6. Silver Poet profile image77
    Silver Poetposted 7 years ago

I think if you keep the reminder constantly before your eyes you are more motivated to keep working towards your goal.