jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

where was Jesus during the ages of 14 to 29 years ?

1. profile image46
    O.A.Ballantyneposted 7 years ago

where was Jesus during the ages of 14 to 29 years ?

it is in history books that Jesus came to India, and that he was buried in Kashmir.

2. peterxdunn profile image60
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

If Jesus ever existed as a man (I am an atheist so I do not automatically accept the bible as history) then I would guess that he had to have received an education from somewhere. The best candidate for this would have to be the secretive Essene community at Qumran: the monastical society that produced the Dead Sea Scrolls.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

no idea but i'm guessing if he was real he was learning carpentry at some point during that time. it says that was his trade so i guess he was getting his training.

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Some say he was in India, some say he was in mainland Europe, some say he was in England.  I've even read the tale that he followed the legendary Buddhist undersea route to N America.  Who knows, who cares, whether you're a believer or a nonbeliever, it's not important.

5. safiq ali patel profile image74
    safiq ali patelposted 7 years ago

Some people get really upset when these questions about jesus are asked. But I really like the question. There is a theory that says Jesus was born and for the first 20 years of his life he existed as we ordinary human beings do. And that it was during his twenties through dreams and other experiences that Jesus began to realise that he was a prophet sent to the earth by the almight father. From about the age of 16 onwards some scholars say that Jesus whom to the earth was said the be the son of Joseph and Mary, had started an apprenticeship as a carpenter as his earthly father Joseph. And Jesus from the age of 16 onwards began to reflect with his community and church on the meaning of life and ask questions like "What is life for." From the age of 16 to 28 I think jesus made the discovery than he wasn't like other men. He began to realise that his was a higher purpose and he began to hear the voices of angles and spirits who began to deliver to Jesus the words that became the gospel and the bible according to Jesus. I think from the ages of 16 upwards jesus began to discover himself and his own unique connection to god and approaching the age of 28 was when he met the adversaries who trailed jesus and sentenced him to the gross. Obviously no-one has as yet come up with a diary of the life of Jesus Christ but it does seem evident to thinkers and philosophers that Jesus was sentenced to the cross until the age of around 33. But it was about the age of 28 when he met those who would play a part in his crusifiction.