jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

What material posession would you miss the most in your life?

1. Truckstop Sally profile image61
    Truckstop Sallyposted 7 years ago

What material posession would you miss the most in your life?

Thomas Jefferson (the 3rd US President) said, "I cannot live without books."

2. KristenGrace profile image62
    KristenGraceposted 7 years ago

Yup, books are important.  And definitely my cell phone.  I can barely remember life without it.

3. fibo777 profile image59
    fibo777posted 7 years ago

My computer. Not the one I have now, but just a computer. With internet connection of course.

4. DIYweddingplanner profile image89
    DIYweddingplannerposted 7 years ago

My bed...wonderfully comfortable and my best friend at the end of the day!

5. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I think it would be my father's Purple Heart which he left to me. It is a symbol of what he gave up in his youth for this country at a time when he had so little to give and almost nothing in terms of material possession. He gave his blood and almost gave his life on the battlefield and in an enter lifetime I never once heard him express a regret about it. It was certainly not a subject he talked of but it was never something he regretted doing. My strength, patriotism, and love of this country comes from that courage of my father. The Purple Heart is the constant reminder that he had it....and he passed it on me. WB

6. profile image0
    Neville Walkposted 7 years ago

I too would miss my books, of which I have over 6,000.  Also, I would hate to look at a wall without paintings.  My home is like an art gallery, and I would rather spend hours looking at the paintings than watching TV.  I could easily live without television, because there are much better pictures hanging on my walls than are on that thing.

7. Elizabeth99 profile image59
    Elizabeth99posted 7 years ago

Hmmm, I would have to say my art supplies. If I couldn't draw, I think I would go insane.

8. profile image0
    Shayla Ebsenposted 7 years ago

My computer - it's the central hub for my entire business so I couldn't really function without it.

9. stclairjack profile image83
    stclairjackposted 7 years ago

my guitar,.. late 70's yari hand made alvarez,... its my equivelent to prozac and xanax,... dont know how to do without it.

10. profile image0
    barbaralyricsposted 7 years ago

My toy poodle. For the unconditional love and support.

11. sumitparihar profile image36
    sumitpariharposted 7 years ago

my laptop and cell phone..
    i can't think myself without them...

12. kannanwrites profile image92
    kannanwritesposted 7 years ago

Books and laptop. I always have both these things with me.

13. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

my tools. they are so much a part of my life and my hobbies, it would suck if i didn't have them any more. oh, ya my beer fridge in the garage i would miss too.

14. Uni_te profile image60
    Uni_teposted 7 years ago

I would miss the my ring the most. It's sort of an heirloom, my great grandfather made it in his shop before he died. It isn't worth anything, purely sentimental. I'd be lost without it though

15. fallenpixie09 profile image57
    fallenpixie09posted 7 years ago

My grandmother's engagement ring. She gave it to me when i turned 16. She meant alot to me. To have something so precious to her is just well words cannot describe. I wouldn't sell it for all the money in the world. I keep it in a safe place.  But the love shared between her and papaw is beyond words as is the value of the ring to me.

16. karengibsonroc profile image79
    karengibsonrocposted 7 years ago

my macbook and my iphone...funny that i should say these things because there was a time --not too long ago-- that i was completely computer illiterate and a time when i considered an iphone was unnecessary...hmm how times have changed:)