jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How do you explain Bob Dylan?

1. ThunderKeys profile image67
    ThunderKeysposted 7 years ago

How do you explain Bob Dylan?

What are your thoughts?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4683168_f260.jpg

2. To Start Again profile image79
    To Start Againposted 7 years ago

A brilliant folk singer who sees things in this world many of us miss or try to be blind to. A man who can say quite a bit about life and make us think while entertaining us with an unmistakeable sound. smile

3. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 7 years ago

Real simple he is a man who is into touch with himself and the reality of the world around him a modern day prophet

great qiestion thanks for asking
    Mike ;0)

4. Christopher Floyd profile image59
    Christopher Floydposted 7 years ago

Explain him? Okay, he's an uber-excellent lyric writer with a crappy voice, but other people cover his material very well. He has an incredible fan base and has on occasion devoted his time to worthy causes.
    Sorry folks. I love his lyrics. Just don't like his voice.

5. tinaweha profile image66
    tinawehaposted 7 years ago

I actually met Bob Dylan a few years back.  He is very short so if he didn't learn to be defiant and famous he would have been beaten up daily.  He is amazingly smart and a very popular singer for someone who can hardly sing.

He is brilliant.  I love him.  He started a whole new music cult.  His songs were usually code for what the Baby Boomers were experiencing.  He is the God of defiance music.  Bob Dylan is a genius.

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

A brilliant writer and lyricist, coming of age in the 60's.

7. maria.rose profile image35
    maria.roseposted 7 years ago

He makes great music thats all you needs to know, distinct voice and he has won an Oscar.

8. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

Bob Dylan is an American songwriter, singer, poet and painter.  Bob Dylan, among other things, is a Pulitzer Prize winner (2008) for "his profound impact on popular music and American culture, marked by lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power."  He is a living legend.

How many roads must a man walk down
    Before you call him a man ?
    How many seas must a white dove sail
    Before she sleeps in the sand ?
    Yes, how many times must the cannon balls fly
    Before they're forever banned ?
    The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind
    The answer is blowin' in the wind.

9. Alastar Packer profile image82
    Alastar Packerposted 7 years ago

Tangled up in blue sums him up for me. That and Like a Rolling Stone, the Traveling Wilbury's and Masters of War.

10. noyon_ku profile image55
    noyon_kuposted 7 years ago

The man with a magical power can touch peoples mind.

working