jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is anyone in the process of writing a book or putting your thoughts together to

1. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

Is anyone in the process of writing a book or putting your thoughts together to write one?

Slowly but surely goes the words to the paper,and the pin awaits the preparations to do so.

2. SylviaSky profile image95
    SylviaSkyposted 6 years ago

Yes, I'm writing another book. I have written four books and intend to complete at least four more. Two of those are partially done. It goes very slowly, that is true. There is so much to look into and coordinate even after finishing writing a book: copyrights, having a good title and a good cover, interior book design, chapter titles, selecting typeface, eliciting back-cover blurbs, and composing an author bio, and it all has to be correct -- and the work of finding a publisher can take several years. And guess who is responsible for doing all this peripheral work? The author. You. The amount of labor that goes into getting a book published doesn't show on the outside of the book, but it is truly amazing.

3. Alphonso Taylor profile image77
    Alphonso Taylorposted 6 years ago

I've written four Poetry books and I'm working on my debut novel now.

4. jlastevens profile image61
    jlastevensposted 6 years ago

Yes, I'm finishing up a book that I thought up originally when I was about ten years old. I always get stuck at a certain point, but recently I just got over that wall and am soon going to be finished. I'm super excited about it, and hope that others will like the story as much as I do.

5. nitestalker9 profile image57
    nitestalker9posted 6 years ago

I've actually written two books and am in the process of writing two others.  I'm also aspiring to be a sports journalist someday.

6. Keith Worth profile image61
    Keith Worthposted 6 years ago

For the first time in a long time, I'm actually not working on a novel project. I've shifted my focus to freelance writing for the time, and barely have enough time in my workload and obligations to sleep so the book has to wait.

7. Gyldenboy profile image61
    Gyldenboyposted 6 years ago

I've got some projects in the next stage. Editing, is the part I'm still working on.

I hope to get the first draft edits done. Then, off to a professional editor and proof reader when I can afford it.

I also have a screenplay, I continue to edit. Based on the information from the feedback I received back. I hope to make it into PAGE next year.

But I do take breaks from editing.

8. profile image46
    GARJONposted 6 years ago

I am,I am...working with all these passions that haunt from the distant past...

9. kittyjj profile image71
    kittyjjposted 5 years ago

Yes.  I am in the process of writing a children book.  I am also in the process of putting my thoughts together to write one about Chinese immigrants in the US.

10. Dennis AuBuchon profile image83
    Dennis AuBuchonposted 5 years ago

I am in the process of writing my third book and it is one which I feel can leave a postive impact for those who read it.  In deciding to write a book on any topic an author must understand the topic, have experience with it or research the information.  Writing books on topics which have been written is not the problem it is taking a different approach or perspective to make it stand out.

working