jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What fuels you?

1. Christopher Floyd profile image60
    Christopher Floydposted 7 years ago

What fuels you?

I've known you for years. I've seen you sit down with a guitar you claim you can't play and a half hour later perform a song you just made up in front of an audience. I was blown away by your piano compositions and listened to them over and over. I've read and loved your poetry for more than a decade.  I know you used to knife fight for fun. There is no one I admire more, and I know of none more eccentric. That's not the right word. Variable is. What makes you you? I know you to be a person of soul and passion and most certainly fire. You still burn me. What fuels you, girl?

2. essiheart profile image80
    essiheartposted 7 years ago

I would have to say music. Music gives a feeling that I cannot describe. It's simply magic. Sadly, I don't know many instruments besides the flute, but I hold such great admiration for everyone who has mastered some sort of instrument and composes such beautiful music.

3. Jarn profile image81
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

The delusion that any attempts I make at getting my work published in professional venues will eventually succeed is what drives me.

4. livingsimply profile image60
    livingsimplyposted 7 years ago

Questions drive me.  Questions that make me pause and think and reflect on who I am and where I want to be.  There are times when I thrive within my questions and there are other times when I would like them to stop.  But, in the end, they drive me forward and shape my world.