jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever questioned that you would be an author someday, or is it imbedded

1. mcrawford76 profile image84
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

Have you ever questioned that you would be an author someday, or is it imbedded in your mind that

you would eventually succeed?

2. PAPA-BEAR profile image60
    PAPA-BEARposted 7 years ago

It was what I dreamed of doing when I was a kid 10-12, just not the way of life I grew up in. Life led me through different routes because, because. Thank God it was imbedded in me, it popped out during the 60's with three long hand written books, never in print, then dragged it's heals until the late 90's now 13 books later, it fell out of my head. I guess it was always there, just needed the right combination to undo the lock or block.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

When I was younger I was absolutely convinced that I would not only be an author but well-known as well.  But, as time passed, I realized a few things:  1) I am not disciplined enough, 2) no one was going to come to my door and ask for my writing, I would have to submit it, and submit and so on and face rejection 3) my attention span is too short to stick with it to make it happen. 4) talent is necessarily enough.

The market for the written/published word has changed so much, it is nearly impossible to break in and frankly, I'm tired.

4. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I actually never set out to be an author -- everyone in my family believed that if anyone would make a career out of writing, it would be my sister. It wasn't until I'd been writing professionally for almost five years that it dawned on me that I'd turned into one anyway wink.