Does Expectations always hurts??

1. kingvirgo23 profile image55
    kingvirgo23posted 6 years ago

Does Expectations always hurts??

2. profile image47
    raxxsachposted 6 years ago

yes absolutely ,whenever we will make our happiness dependent on others it will lead to is good to be social but when you expect them to act according to your happiness it is a you are creator of your hurt as you want them to act according to your likes ans dislike and if they do otherwise you feel hurt..

3. Gyldenboy profile image60
    Gyldenboyposted 6 years ago

That's an interesting question.

It does sometimes, if the expectation isn't met. However, there are also times when expectations hurt more then the result.

Ultimately, I think it's a good idea to create positive expectations. Regardless of whether it pays off or not, it's better to enter a situation believing something good will come out of it. That increases the odds of something good happening.

It's a great feeling when an expectation is met or even better - surpassed.

If an expectation is unmet, depending on the situation - maybe that's a positive too in it's own way. I know, I've entered a writing contest expecting to win. But didn't. Was I upset? A little bit, at first. However, that quickly passed. I got some good feedback from that contest. I started working on my manuscript again to improve it. I think it was for the best. I'm planning to win next time.

So, I guess it mostly depends on attitude. How you view expectations and the results.