jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Getting started, need advice. Please, help? Making money using Hub: What work

1. awhughes profile image57
    awhughesposted 6 years ago

Getting started, need advice.  Please, help?  Making money using Hub:  What works?

I hope people will offer advice.  I'll take any and all.  I really need to make a supplemental income, as many of you, I realize.  Please, can anyone offer advice on what works?  I am *very* new at this and, frankly, a bit afraid to get started.  But I want to give this a try.  What topics are people interested in?  Do I just start writing and put stuff out there?  I could really use a mentor as I'm not much of a DIY-er.  Any help would be much appreciated.  TIA

2. Windsweptplains profile image70
    Windsweptplainsposted 6 years ago

Good writing gets attention, so if you publish praise-worthy hubs often enough, people should start to take notice.

However, it takes time to accumulate a lot of traffic, so make sure you advertise in other places to let people know where you are and what you are doing.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

There are several different very good strategies for making money here on hubpages.  Just hit up your search bar, and read all about it.  If you read the advice of higher scoring authors, then you'll be getting better advice - at least most of the time.

Nobody starts off and starts making a lot of money.  It takes time for articles to "mature" in the eyes of the search engines, and the people who search for the content that you provide are the people who are most likely to click on your ads on your hubs.

The highest total that I've heard is Ryankett, who made of $3,000.00 his first year . . .just off of Adsense.  Ryankett, however, worked his tail end off, and he wrote articles on other sites that have adsense on them as well, not just here.

4. TheBlondie profile image59
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

Write. A lot. Get a solid fan base by answering and asking questions and posting on the forums. Follow other people so they will see your profile description, and be active in categorries that you know a lot about. It takes a lot of work and a long time to make enough progress to earn money, but having people enjoy your writing in the meantime is pretty fulfilling.