jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What makes a good poem?

1. chisom emmanuel profile image61
    chisom emmanuelposted 6 years ago

What makes a good poem?

2. Leptirela profile image78
    Leptirelaposted 6 years ago

Hello again smile chisom emmanuel

For me ::: A poem begins with a lump in the throat.  ~Robert Frost
    This quote explains it all.
    Personally when reading a poem, I don't look for rhymes, or dancing words on page...mostly I want to feel the poem, I want to see the poem and all the happenings in it.
    I want to know a little story behind it .
    These are just my views, and though I write poetry ..I cant comment whether it's good or not...I only know I am content with it smile

3. X_FallenAngel_X profile image60
    X_FallenAngel_Xposted 6 years ago

What makes a good poem?

I'd have to say that the way you express yourself in you work and the way it relates to your life or can relate to others. Good poems are the ones that have a hidden message and express your character and your outlook on a situation.
    Poetry can describe how some people may act or think because, really, its all up to you what is in it. Its whatever you feel.
    Whether the poem makes sense or it makes no sense, poems are all about expression yourself to the world

4. The Demon Writer profile image67
    The Demon Writerposted 6 years ago

A poem is an expression of your thoughts and emotion. Someone can write a 'technically' good poem. One with all the structure and all the right words, but to me a good poem is something that is real. A poem in which you can see the author shining through. It doesn't necessarily have to be about you. It just has to *be* you. If that makes sense:)

5. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

For me, a good poem is one which moves me, one that affects my emotions.