jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

"How" or "Why", which one will make you think more?

1. Vishaaa profile image77
    Vishaaaposted 6 years ago

"How" or "Why", which one will make you think more?

to provide an effective answer..................

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4965270_f260.jpg

2. Heathermom profile image59
    Heathermomposted 6 years ago

How - indeed. Why - would put me on defensive to protect what I did.

3. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

Probably "why": "how" is just how something came to be, like a bit of history. Why, on the other hand, is a deeper question and can go further than just "how". Why did it happen like it did? Why is it affecting me? Why now?

4. David Warren profile image81
    David Warrenposted 6 years ago

I agree with Blondie. I think most people can learn the "how" about anything. The individuals that always must know "why" or better yet figure out "why" on their own have a large step up in life.

5. mcrawford76 profile image82
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

How - Functionality - usually easy to decipher.

Why - Motive - nearly impossible to predict what another person could have been thinking. The answer would have to be WHY.

6. WindMaestro profile image61
    WindMaestroposted 6 years ago

"How" is factual. Learning about something, and all of the loose ends can be easily tied up.
    "Why" is intellectual. It has many different ways to be found, and no one answer can be right.
    What I mean to say is, "How" is limited and contained, whilst "Why" is limitless and unchecked.

7. force of habit profile image58
    force of habitposted 6 years ago

Why will most probably make you think more. For How, after giving something much thought, you would most probably be acting on your thoughts, satisfy your curiosity, or disregard what you've been thinking of  altogether. Why would usually to another Why followed by another Why... possibilities are endless.

For example, Why am I even answering this question? To make a contribution. Why do you want to make a contribution? and so on and so forth...

On the other hand, How do I answer this question? I will wite an outline... after a few hows, you would have written down something or give up.

working