jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does a book or a character in a book ever influence the way you dress?

1. Victoria Moore profile image82
    Victoria Mooreposted 6 years ago

Does a book or a character in a book ever influence the way you dress?

Which books or characters have influenced you and why? How did you express it in the way you dressed?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4793859_f260.jpg

2. Victoria Moore profile image82
    Victoria Mooreposted 6 years ago

I have been influenced by a lot of characters. After I read the autobiography "Edie" I started dressing just like the model Edie Sedgwick the book was about and after I read "On The Road" I started dressing like a beatnik.

3. steppingUP profile image61
    steppingUPposted 6 years ago

I think that if you admire someone in the book and want to be like that person, then it might influence how you dress. I haven't been influenced by anyone in a book, but I have been influenced by someone recently that I've been watching a video series. I am about her height and weight and I like how she dresses for her presentations. She is highly regarded in her field. Style isn't my forte so I thought I might "copy" her dress style

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No, fictional characters have not influenced me because they are the creation of the author and not real.  I have enjoyed tons of books over my lifetime but my style has always been my own.

don't copy someone's style--create your own.

5. nancyme profile image59
    nancymeposted 6 years ago

Nope not at all. I love reading but i don't get that kind of influence. But yeah it sure sounds interesting though.

working