jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you need a traditional journal?

1. ladypatience profile image60
    ladypatienceposted 6 years ago

Do you need a traditional journal?

Since we all enjoy creating hubs, does anyone besides myself keep a regular journal? If so what do you plan to do with it now that it's filled up? Have you gone back to re-read what you've written? What do you think about it?

2. shikuku.eric profile image61
    shikuku.ericposted 6 years ago

Hi Ladypatience,
    I am still relatively new in the practice of writing online (I just discovered InfoBarrel 2 weeks ago, and some reading in their forum led me to hubpages).

The two hubs I have submitted to hubpages are my 2nd and 3rd publications online respectively, having published my first "Nuclear Power - a Sure, Reliable, Near Renewable Energy, but Two Edged as a Killer Sword" on InfoBarrel on 18th April, 2011.

So far, I think it has gone well. What I may not be sure is what I need and what I don't. I think I need lots of survival tips from those (like you) who have been online a while.
    Eric

3. Krysanthe profile image93
    Krysantheposted 6 years ago

I do keep a journal.  It's filled with happenings in my life, my thoughts, and my inner most feelings.  Writing on HubPages could not replace it.  I look at is as a tool of self-reflection.  Sometimes when I write in it, I discover things about myself that even I didn't know. 

Do I go back and read it?  Rarely. Maybe I should

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

No. A journal is just another object to keep track of your life. So instead I take pictures, write and post on my facebook, keep thoughts online. Also scrap booking is more fun than writing about your life every day.

5. Denise Handlon profile image90
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

I do write in a journal and have not filled it up since it is an ongoing process.  I love the exercise of writing on paper; I think there is a 'magical' process of transformation when one uses a method such as writing, or creating collage work; or art work.  It utilizes the creative side, as well as conjouring up things from places deep within.

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I have in the past but not so much anymore.  I love going back and seeing how I felt at times in my life--that I thought was important.  I think it sort of helps with the learning process.  Sometimes I feel I have matured and advanced in my life and reread entries from 30 years go only to find I was struggling then with the same things I am now.  Is that a good thing?  I'm not really sure--

7. CJ Andrews profile image87
    CJ Andrewsposted 6 years ago

I do not actually write in journals, beside to write recipes, blue-prints, etc.  And I only use it probably 5 times or so a year.  But I love journals.

Heck, to be honest I love office supplies.  My wife says I have an office supply fetish.

working