jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Who so many love poems today?

1. CJ Andrews profile image90
    CJ Andrewsposted 6 years ago

Who so many love poems today?

Just seems like 3/4 of the poems I read while hopping today were all love poems.  Think it is from the weather getting warmer?

2. SueShepard profile image57
    SueShepardposted 6 years ago

I think you may be on to something there. Also, I think we are ready for old romance again. Since I'd say...the 60s maybe...women became more independent and fighting so hard to be dominate in the relationship or convince themselves they didn't need a man. That played a role in both attitudes about love for both sexes. Before then ..judging by the classic films anyway, the goal seemed to be about romance and true love.  I think we are all ready for the old fashioned courting and happy ever after again, or at least the hopes of it.

3. The Demon Writer profile image66
    The Demon Writerposted 6 years ago

I don't really know. I'm an Australian so the weather is getting colder down here.
    I for one am not a fan of love poems. They just don't strike up emotions in me the way other genres do. I like dark poetry the best. Maybe I'm just a cynic:)
    Still, lots of people seem to like love poems and I do too, just not as much as others.
    Each to there own:)

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

I think it is because you can say something in a poem that can't be proven, lol. Poems mean many different things to different people and you can go in all direction, it doesn't just have to be about love and poetry is to some like music is to others.