jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Love poems

1. darrylcrawford profile image48
    darrylcrawfordposted 7 years ago

Have you ever written a love poem for someone? What happened after you read it to them or they read it themselves?

1. alternate poet profile image63
      alternate poetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I write love poems for  my partner, from such a deep well of feeling that they can make me, a grown man, cry sometimes!  She just laughs at me big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

darrylcrawfordposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's great. Poems can touch the soul. Everyone woman appreciates the little things as we know and some poems can seems little to us and mean so much to her. Keep feeding her the love. Great job.

2. Ben Evans profile image74
      Ben Evansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have written many love poems for my wife.  I have actually published a few but not many.  She says she appreciates being remembered and likes to be in my thoughts.

It's the thought that matter. You are absolutely right. Great job.

2. wesleycox profile image81
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

I am with alternate poet in that I write them for my wife.  She loves every last one of them, even the lame ones.  It doesn't matter so much the word of the poem but the feelings expressed.

Expression is everything and don't we know it. The lame ones still have meaning...........ad the meaning spells I love you. As you know. Carry on, carry on. Great job.

2. darrylcrawford profile image48

Expression is everything and don't we know it. The lame ones still have meaning...........ad the meaning spells I love you. As you know. Carry on, carry on. Great job.

3. Ladybird33 profile image41
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

Write your love poem, if they laugh or dislike or don't get, then you will know, there is not love there...good luck my friend. But write your love poem

1. alternate poet profile image63
      alternate poetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

In my case there is plenty of love - just that she lives by "show me, don't tell me" !!   she likes them well enough really.

Plenty of love is good. Where there is plenty of love there is plenty of joy.

working