jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is it better to go for you dreams or settle for what you already have?

1. Cheesing a Dream profile image61
    Cheesing a Dreamposted 6 years ago

Is it better to go for you dreams or settle for what you already have?

2. David Warren profile image79
    David Warrenposted 6 years ago

I would say, NEVER give up what you have but ALWAYS work toward your dreams.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

I've met people before who have said they had one dream, but are staying where they are because of good pay/benefits. With income being a real problem these days I can understand why people are staying where they are. But, having said that, I think that one should always do something that is working towards their dream. With me, for example, my dream is to be a published author. My day job isn't exactly lucrative, but I don't have the option of quitting it to go and write. However, as long as I continue to work on my first novel, I have a feeling of fulfillment and the sense that I'm still working towards my dream. The situation might be different if I actually liked the job I was working at, but I feel like working towards something better is what keeps us going.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I think it is possible to do both.  We need to fully appreciate what we have in our lives but also continue to work towards that one goal or dream.  I think is we get stagnant, we get depressed.

5. Becca Lopez profile image59
    Becca Lopezposted 6 years ago

Definitely go for your dreams. If you don't you may regret it for the rest of your life wishing you had. It's better to do what you love doing than doing something you only like, or something you hate but it makes you money.

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

always go for your dreams. i'm living proof that a person can make their dreams come true. i never give up on what i believe in or what i want.

7. ljv21 profile image71
    ljv21posted 6 years ago

Go for your dreams....we only have one life and if you settle possibly at some point you will realize that settling has made you miss out on living what you wanted to.  A friend of mine once told me a story of when during an accident...as he was flying through the air after hitting a car with his motorcycle....he said.....at that moment....I discovered....life was not like a video game....there are no extra lives

working