jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can I put things I write here on other sites? Do I retain rights to reprint els

1. Dday50627 profile image77
    Dday50627posted 6 years ago

Can I put things I write  here on other sites? Do I retain rights to reprint elsewhere?

2. meow48 profile image73
    meow48posted 6 years ago

i hope so. i don't know that answer myself...

3. prairieprincess profile image95
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

No, there is no duplicate content allowed on HubPages. If the content is duplicate, you need to decide which site you want it on.

You do keep your rights, though, which means you are free to take it off HP, and put it up somewhere else.

4. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 6 years ago

Question one: No.

Question two: Yes - with a qualification / clarification:

While you do retain your rights to work you publish on HP, and are therefore free to take it somewhere else, that ease of removal / transfer is not standard to all open publishing sites.

Take care not to inadvertently find yourself 'somewhere else' where the answer to both of your questions is No.

Cheers

5. Zubair Ahmed profile image78
    Zubair Ahmedposted 6 years ago

If you have already published your content on HP then NO, you can not republish elsewhere without major rework.  Anything you put on HP has to be "unique" otherwise your HP hub will be marked as duplicate.

You can however use the content you have published on HP on other sites by doing the following:

(1) Delete it from HP and publish on another site.
    (2) Alter the content including the title so that it becomes almost unique in its own right, that way you will not get marked as duplicate on HP.

working