jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anyone have any tips on writing a book?

1. TheWhisper profile image61
    TheWhisperposted 6 years ago

Does anyone have any tips on writing a book?

I've started writing my book and it's going well. Does any authors out there have any tips... preferably on publishing?

2. swb78 profile image60
    swb78posted 6 years ago

I would recommend smashwords.com. This is a self publishing website which allows the author full control. I am in the process of publishing my first book and I was very excited to see the benefits they offer. They have a style guide that if followed properly allows your Ebook to be marketed in several different formats. They will inturn market your book to Amazon, Apple, kindle, and other Ebook  venues. I hope that helps! Good luck on your book.

3. StephanieBCrosby profile image86
    StephanieBCrosbyposted 6 years ago

Stop writing now! If you intend to get published by a publishing house, you have to be careful with completing to much of the manuscript up front. Sometimes the houses like to have significant input in terms of the content or where the plot goes. With a complete manuscript you may want to solicit an agent.

However, if you know you have a solid concept and do not mind potentially waiting for a response (which may take longer), then keep writing and complete the manuscript. This is especially true if you plan on self-publishing.

4. profile image54
    ruchi upadhyayposted 6 years ago

why dont you post and make it famus.........