jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would You Read A Book That Uses "Profanity To Put You or Your Child to Sleep

1. "Clouds Among Us" profile image66
    "Clouds Among Us"posted 6 years ago

Would You Read A Book That Uses "Profanity To Put You or Your Child to Sleep

State Why This excites You !!

2. glenn wallace profile image75
    glenn wallaceposted 6 years ago

Is this in response to the popularity of the "Go the F@ck to Sleep" book that just came out?

If so, I've got to point out, that that book is really a parody of children's books, and is aimed towards parents and not intended by the author as real child's bedtime story material.

As a new parent myself, I can attest to that book's spot-on message - that while you might love your child dearly, inside your own head the only thing you're thinking is, "please just f@cking go to sleep!"

3. The Ghostwriter profile image75
    The Ghostwriterposted 6 years ago

The book in question should have a great big warning saying 'This is not intended for children'.

Actually it will probably sell more!

The author and publishers intended it to outrageous and create a big reaction, and it worked.

I don't thing there is one decent parent out there that would read any type of book that uses profanities, but from a marketing point of view, they've got us talking about it!

4. Jeff Berndt profile image86
    Jeff Berndtposted 6 years ago

I have heard Samuel L. Jackson's reading of Go the F@@k to Sleep, and it's hilarious. Would I read it to my kids? F@@k, no! Nor would I recommend anyone else do so.

But it's fun for grownups, especially those who have had to deal with a kid who won't go the f@@k to sleep, when the grownups in question would like to have some grown-up time together, whether to watch a movie, talk about something other than Elmo or Mario, or maybe even try to make another kid who won't go the f@@k to sleep.

All I can say is, I wish I'd thought of it. The writer probably is making a ton of money, and Samuel-L.-f@@king-Jackson read his work. How cool is that?

5. KaylaTheArtist profile image57
    KaylaTheArtistposted 6 years ago

No it'd make me laugh too hard because it's ridiculous. And to children? Never ever.