jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What do you think the hardest thing about writing is?

1. javaoverride profile image61
    javaoverrideposted 6 years ago

What do you think the hardest thing about writing is?

2. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

what do i think the hardest thing about writing, is the first line, and after i get that first line out of the way, my mind goes in different direction, and my inner person take over....

3. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

It Depends.....honesty can be one, (being honest with yourself) creativity or just having your idea be consist with whatever you are writing about.  It can differ for everyone.  It also depends on what you are focusing on writing about.  Initially for me being honest was a huge stumbling block for me moving forward with my writing, monkey wrench whatever you want to call it.

4. profile image0
    Aka Professor Mposted 6 years ago

For many writers the hardest thing is the ending! Especially for the writers of fiction, be it Action, Horror, Fantasy , Suspense , Drama or Science Fiction. Quite often we get caught up in the creative aspect and start writing up a storm with characters, plots and genres.

The various scenes and situations flash in our imaginations while the characters interact and tell the stories from their own views. Then after all the drama,  action, suspense  and build up we are faced with the final scene.

This can either make or break the body of work. Everything has lead up to the conclusion and it needs to tie up all the loose ends. It needs to make the reader happy that they invested all that time in reading your work.

If you've done it correctly then the audience is entertained and you are acclaimed a success! So yes the hardest part is the Ending! The End!
    Regards Mike (Aka Professor M!) ;D

5. Alastar Packer profile image84
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

When writing a non- fic historical hub ; getting all your facts in order and what style and wording you want them presented in.

6. MartieCoetser profile image90
    MartieCoetserposted 6 years ago

1. To begin is the hardest.
    2. To finish is just as hard.

7. deblipp profile image58
    deblippposted 6 years ago

For me, the hardest thing about writing is the physical demands. I have chronic neck pain from a herniated disc. Sitting at the computer and writing can be agonizing. I keep telling the doctor, NOT writing is NOT an option!

8. Greensleeves Hubs profile image98
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 6 years ago

I think it is linking paragraphs or sequences together in a way which makes the reader want to carry on reading. It's one thing to be able to write a good descriptive paragraph, and then to follow it with another one, maybe set in a different time or place, but it's quite another thing to join them together in a way which flows naturally and which encourages the reader to read on and on and on, page after page after page.

(This is probably why I find it easier to write short stories or articles than full blown novels!)

9. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Sometimes I get bogged down in editing with punctuation and syntax.  I overthink it and end up losing the enjoyment if I am not careful.

10. Thek1ngsway profile image78
    Thek1ngswayposted 6 years ago

I think the hardest thing is going back to what you have written and edit it or "debug" it if you like. it requires a lot of discipline but at the same time its a required process if you want your articles to be top notch .

11. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

For me the hardest thing some days is thinking about something to write about that will be of interest to others.

working