jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are digital novels replacing paper novels?

1. ciaron davies profile image79
    ciaron daviesposted 6 years ago

Are digital novels replacing paper novels?

2. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 6 years ago

No. There's something about holding that book in your hand.....that and there's no electricity and charged batteries required to read one.

3. ciaron davies profile image79
    ciaron daviesposted 6 years ago

That's what I was hoping. Love the smell of books.

4. Merlin Fraser profile image80
    Merlin Fraserposted 6 years ago

Shouldn't think so E Books are just another way to access the written word.

As an author I welcomed the opportunity that E Books gives me to reach a wider audience and the fact that there are many people out there who have rediscovered the joy of reading  through the convience of an E reader.

I suspect the next generation of readers will come with a voice simulator to read the story to you.... I just hope it's better than the computer generated Stephen Hawking voices that we have at the moment !

5. JJ1984 profile image57
    JJ1984posted 6 years ago

I think the electronic world brings about more opportunity for people to find different genres of books. I know some people find it easier to browse at the freebies on their kindle rather than go to a library or bookstore.

I have to agree with the other poster though, I love the smell of books.  From the old crinkly worn out copy of your favorite novel to the fresh crisp smell of breaking open a new paperback. I love breathing it in.