jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

How do you deal with people who don't believe in your passion?

1. My Stories profile image59
    My Storiesposted 6 years ago

How do you deal with people who don't believe in your passion?

Sometimes only the people who have the same passion understand each other...

2. RachaelLefler profile image96
    RachaelLeflerposted 6 years ago

I think it's fine. All I can do is clear up misconceptions about anime and art in general and answer any questions they have if they show an interest or curiosity, but in the end, if they don't get it or don't like it I can't really force someone to care about it like I do.

3. HattieMattieMae profile image71
    HattieMattieMaeposted 6 years ago

well I am going through this at the moment, and you have to just detach from it, and understand you have to do what makes you happy, and follow you're heart. They might not agree with it in the moment, but eventually they will get used too it. Just have to stick to your guns, and believe in you.

The rest will follow! smile

4. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

Unless ... you are some sort of a Reformer ... its high class Optimism; rather stupidity ... to expect that all the people, who read you, also equally share your Passions and Sentiments ...

Therefore, deal with the ones who share your Passion ... ignore the others.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i don't. if someone doesn't believe in something i'm passionate about, i leave them alone.

6. puddingicecream profile image74
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

Try to explain but if it doesn't work, leave it at that. Everyone's entitled to their own beliefs - as long as they still morally support you.

7. drumweaver profile image83
    drumweaverposted 6 years ago

why would you want to "deal" with them...?

i figure they either resonate with you or they don't...

i kind of call it like, you're either riding on the same flight path with someone or you're not... and i don't mean that any of those flight paths are better than or higher than the other... they're just simply not the same path...

so, i usually move on honouring whatever path they're on - everyone has their own journey and timeline related to that......... weaver (((o)))

8. Paw-Paw John profile image72
    Paw-Paw Johnposted 6 years ago

I rescue cats. Most of my friends, family, and church members just do not get it. I don't try too hard to get them on board. It would just take too much time. I prefer to surround myself with people who understand and work with cats as well. This way, I can have support for my rescue and keep my other frineds out of it altogether.

9. Docmo profile image92
    Docmoposted 6 years ago

To me being passionate is the essence of being. I have no problem if others don't always share the passion. I used to be quite vivacious in describing or talking about my passion and although people may not share it they've always admired the enthusiasm. I am careful not to sound too forceful and put people down if they don't  share my passion. Also it is a fine line from being enthusiastic about something and boring others silly!

I have also started to listen to other people's passions first, with genuine enthusiasm. For even if the subject of our passions differ, the emotion and the intensity we share may be the same. Then I share my passion and try to see parallels. This way we feel we share a common space, a common emotion only about different things. This is not such a bad thing.

But I agree about the buzz it creates when we meet someone who shares our passions and how instantaneous the understanding and communication could be between those with shared passions. Perhaps that's why we are here in hub pages!

10. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

I guess I don't expect the people I know to be committed to something just because I am.  Permissive, yes--but "believing in it" themselves--you can;t make anyone do that.

11. stariswhoiam profile image60
    stariswhoiamposted 6 years ago

Have faith in who you are. Whether or not another person believes in your passion doesn't matter. It's YOUR passion.

working