jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What book(s) are you currently reading this summer?

1. applecsmith profile image80
    applecsmithposted 6 years ago

What book(s) are you currently reading this summer?

I'm looking for some good book ideas to read during my spare time this summer.

2. bledsoep profile image75
    bledsoepposted 6 years ago

Mick Farren's infamous "DNA Cowboys" punk sci-fi trilogy, the Un-Men horror graphic novels from DC Comics, and some Dungeons and Dragons supplements about the World of Eberron fantasy setting.

3. YadiraE profile image90
    YadiraEposted 6 years ago

I read Life as we knew it by Susan Beth Pfeffer. Its a kind of end of the world type of book. It was pretty good, but you know, a little depressing. If you like that sort of thing, which i do.

4. Ebower profile image82
    Ebowerposted 6 years ago

I read 'The Hunger Games'.  It's usually considered as a book for teens, but I'm a young adult of 26 and I greatly enjoyed it.  It's kind of sci-fi in its setting that reminds one of the future.  The heroine has to survive a sort of extreme reality show to the death and learns some life lessons along the way.  I highly recommend it; it had me on the edge of my seat and I could not put it down!  I can't wait to check out the sequels!

5. bingogunter profile image56
    bingogunterposted 6 years ago

Right now I'm reading a great book by Rebecca Makkai called "The Borrower" about a librarian who doesn't really love her job and a ten year old reader who has to sneak books past his overly Christian parents.  Great fun!  Lots of memories of children's books.

6. Debra McVay profile image57
    Debra McVayposted 6 years ago

I'm rereading all the Harry Potter books, Terry Pratchett books, and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  I'm also reading the Jim Butcher books.  I've also got a Fanny Flagg that my mom lent me.

7. JSParker profile image91
    JSParkerposted 6 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed the quick, little page-turner, "Odd Thomas" by Dean Koontz.  On a heavier note, "Suite Francaise" by irene Nemorovsky about Jewish people and events in Paris during the German invasion is an amazing book.

8. Exotic_Kitten profile image47
    Exotic_Kittenposted 6 years ago

I'm working on the Anita Blake Series, I'm currently on Incubus Dreams But Haven't started reading it yet, if you are interested in vampire/lycanthrope type books check this out http://hubpages.com/hub/Anita-Blake-Vam … ess-Series

9. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I just finished reading Murder in the OPM by Leslie ford. I've ordered The long Goodbye by Chandler for my bookclub reading this month, but it will get here mid-month.. So I've saved my emails about the book  to read after I get the book.  I had to order a copy, because Chandler is so popular his books are snatched up as soon as they arrive at the bookstore.
    Currently, I'm reading an anthology of mystery short stories and novellas.  If I finish it before Chandler arrives, I plan on reading The 39  Steps by John Buchan next.  Next month's bookclub reading is The Girl in the Brown Paper Wrapper by John D. MacDonald.  The club reads vintage mysteries, one a month.

10. syteph profile image56
    sytephposted 6 years ago

I just finished Hummingbirds by Joshua Gaylord, and found it to be completely brilliant.

I just wrote a review of it for my second hub, too : )

working