jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Carlin, Cosby, or Pryor?

1. mattdigiulio profile image75
    mattdigiulioposted 6 years ago

Carlin, Cosby, or Pryor?

I understand they are all timeless geniuses. There's no argument there. I just want to know who you think is THE king of comedy.

2. prairieprincess profile image96
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

For me, it's gotta be Cosby. I remember hearing his stand-up when I was a kid, and it's genius. What a funny man!

3. CWanamaker profile image99
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

Cosby is good and will never get out.  But for me, I like Carlin the best. I think he has got a bit more gumption when it comes to comedy.  One of my all time favorites was his rant about stuff.  Watch it on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

4. NMLady profile image63
    NMLadyposted 6 years ago

Carlin for his razor wit and refusal to quit.

5. Debra McVay profile image58
    Debra McVayposted 6 years ago

Good question.  I guess for me, it's got to be Cosby.  I just absolutely love him.  The man's a genius, and he tended to keep it clean enough that my parents would allow me to watch or listen to him as a child.  I was never allowed to watch or listen to Carlin because my mom hated him.  She wouldn't even watch movies if she knew he was in them.  Whereas my dad was a huge Pryor fan, so I was allowed to watch his movies, but not his comedy.  What I'm trying to say is: I grew up with Cosby.  I've watched every TV show that featured him, even if it was on TV Land.  I've seen most of his movies.  I've watched a lot of his comedy and heard quite a bit of it.  I'd have to say I'm a fan in the most fundamental sense of that word.

6. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

Carlin, hand down. He was a comedic and philosophical genius. Not to mention an ingenious political analyst. I have been saying, "I have no stake in the outcome" for years thanks to Carlin.

Closed to reply

working