jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does Poetry help with mental healing process?

1. louisxfourie profile image81
    louisxfourieposted 6 years ago

Does Poetry help with mental healing process?

Emotional-anger, hate and feeling of pain at that time, after divorced, this poem was written. It helped my healing process. When you read this poem, see if you could feel "the anger" I felt? I was out of control and on the edge - to kill, but God - stopped me.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4077979_f260.jpg

2. graebear profile image68
    graebearposted 6 years ago

As I have come to known loss in life , to well .. For writing, I have done all my life .My father taught us  to express our  feelings we were going through in writing ,painting, drawing, anyway we could in this manor.  So yes to your answer....  but when I write   I have never called  it poetry and still struggle with some of the labels  that I must pick . It is just  that I have learned to pick up the roses and step over the thorns in life . And  through my writings I have  taken my feelings and put them  on paper. So I can sort through them and heal from this journey called life .... graebear

3. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

i do think any form of writting your feelings down helps the healing proccess

4. ahorseback profile image76
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

If writing or reading of others similar problems makes you stay in the "moment" of the the problem , then it helps to heal, I believe . Poetry helps me !  And creating stories of my life experiences helps.  Yes!

5. seicheprey profile image59
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

I would have to say that it does.  I really dislike expressing my emotions in regards to sadness and grief, so I tend to write about them.  That way I won't be less of a man.smile

working