jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

Why do you write poetry?

1. Sunny River profile image61
    Sunny Riverposted 4 years ago

Why do you write poetry?

What inspires and motivates you? Why poetry?

2. Meo Antolin profile image82
    Meo Antolinposted 4 years ago

Wait, you can publish your poems on hubpages?

Well I used to write poems about love. They're the bitter-sweet, really romantic kind.

1. Sunny River profile image61
      Sunny Riverposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes you can. I have a lot of poems on here. smile
      And you should publish some of them on here.

3. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 4 years ago

Just being able to express your feelings, about anything, and in so many different ways.

4. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

Self expression I guess. I never really thought about why I did it. I just fell in love with it and started writing poems when I was very young. I think at that time I thought poetry was a form of art and I was a budding artist.

5. petenali profile image84
    petenaliposted 4 years ago

I don't always write poetry, but sometime my creative juices flow in that direction.  For me, it is usually a means of release for a subject that is playing on my mind and that is how it comes out.

6. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I don't write much poetry, but when I do it's because I feel like whatever I'm saying could be a song and it comes out as poetry.

7. lovebuglena profile image88
    lovebuglenaposted 4 years ago

I write poetry because it's a very creative way to express my thoughts, feelings, and experiences. It's also during this time that the most passion and emotion escapes from within. I get to bare my soul and to also touch people in different ways with the poetry that I bring to life. And that's the most amazing thing.

I can be inspired by a song I heard, a book I've read, a show I've seen on TV, by something I saw online. But sometimes out of nowhere I become inspired and the words just flow out of me like a speeding bullet and I end up writing amazing poetry...

8. Hui (蕙) profile image81
    Hui (蕙)posted 4 years ago

Poetry is a concise and beautiful language method to express feelings inside about love, passion, and hope. It is an artistic form to create and improve the attractiveness of common life.

9. tatumrangel profile image60
    tatumrangelposted 4 years ago

Although I'm an occasional poet, I got into writing it because it's fun.  I began to appreciate the beauty in it.

10. profile image0
    YoungMistakeposted 4 years ago

I write poetry to free or even share my feelings. Usually my experiences or other people's encounters in their daily lives are the factors that motivate me. I chose poetry because you can even express those thoughts of yours in a few, meaningful and beautiful words.

11. ocfireflies profile image80
    ocfirefliesposted 4 years ago

For me, writing poetry is therapy.  While I love the high I get from putting words and thoughts on the page and attempting to make them interesting for others, the therapeutic aspects are what keep me working at it.  I went for many years in which I could not write even one word.  Now, that I have started writing again, I am feeling more in touch with who I am which in turn helps me to be a better me.

12. Captial B profile image61
    Captial Bposted 4 years ago

Poetry is an extension of my creative mind. It has the least rules as far as writing goes, and it allows my to express my deepest, or shallowest, sentiments and thoughts. I feel there is no freer form of writing.