jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What book would you like to see become a movie? Who would you like to see as th

1. Evil Stepmother profile image58
    Evil Stepmotherposted 6 years ago

What book would you like to see become a movie?  Who would you like to see as the star(s)?

Why that book?  Why those stars?  Explain why the book would be a good movie and the actor(s) or actress(es) chosen would make good characters.

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

Got a few science fiction novels of my own I'd like to see hit the silver screen, or even a chunk of my (momentarily defunct) anti-drug cartoon strip, CLUCKERS. 

Why good?  Everything I've done has decent "cinematic action" within its very cells; no problem there.

Actors?  Got me.  Haven't been to a movie in more than and a decade and don't even know who the actors ARE these days.

3. .josh. profile image59
    .josh.posted 6 years ago

Tom Rob Smith's 'Child 44' would make for a great movie - apparently it was picked up by Ridley Scott (not entirely promising), but it just never happened.

Too bad, it could have been a great film.

4. Evil Stepmother profile image58
    Evil Stepmotherposted 6 years ago

My answer:

I would love to see Elizabeth Adler's "Fortune is a Woman" turned into a movie.  It was a great book that had something for everyone--family issues, adventure, romance, tragedy, revenge, and even a very big secret not even alluded to until the end.  Most of the scenes would play out very well on-screen. 

Kristy Swanson, my favorite actress, is my pick to play Francesca, the main heroine.  It is her life that seems to change the most, and the other characters' lives much revolve around their relationships with her.  Kristy Swanson has proven, with her lead role in Flowers in the Attic, that she can skillfully handle a coming-of-age story with that much depth and sadness.  She can bring Francesca to life and make her story believable.

I do not know who I would choose to play the rest of the characters.  They would have to be very good actors though, to pull these jobs off.   

If anyone else has read this book, who would you like to see play Josh, Simon, Annie, Lai Tsin, Oliver, Lysyndra, Harry, etc?

5. Dee aka Nonna profile image80
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 6 years ago

Any of the Jane Whitefield series by Thomas Perry especially the first one "Vanishing Act".  I love everyone of them.

6. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

The Lion's Game by Nelson DeMille.

Harrison Ford, Jim Carrey, Samuel L Jackson, Kate Beckinsale, Robert DeNero, Halley Berry.

7. Phil Plasma profile image77
    Phil Plasmaposted 6 years ago

I'd really love to see the Wake/Watch/Wonder series from Robert Sawyer turned into a trilogy of movies.

The series would make a great series of movies as it would introduce an AI that is not malevolent - something that is hardly ever represented in any media.

As for who would play Caitlin, or her mom, I don't know, but I think Caitlin's dad could be played by Russel Crowe.  RC played a similar roll extremely well in 'A Beautiful Mind'.

8. mcrawford76 profile image85
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

Working on getting a story I've written "Lucy Corbett" made into a movie. Have a director, some locations scouted, working on some budget estimates and storyboard so we can submit it to some production companies.

As far as actors go, I don't have any delusions about getting any marquee names for my first movie.

You can read the first two chapters; I published them here a few months ago.

Once we get that off the ground I have an epic zombie story that I'd love to be made into either a two/three part movie, or possibly a mini-series.

On top of that I've also been working on a screenplay adaptation of one of my favorite books, but I don't think I'm going to let that cat out of the bag just yet.

9. lambservant profile image95
    lambservantposted 6 years ago

I read a historical novel series called the A.D Chronicles by Brock and Bodie Thoene. It makes first century Israel and the gospels come to life. Vivid imagery, authenticity in describing the cultural, political, and relgious climate of the time, and delves deeply into the Jesus and the characters of the new Testament Gospels. I have no idea who the actors would be, but I think it could be a movie right up there with Ben Hur and The Passion of Christ, given the right producers and directors.

I am currently reading a book called The Help, by Kathryn Stockett. This book too is a historical piece with takes place in Jackson Mississippi in 1962.  There are three voices telling the story. Two are black maids and one is a white writer and wannabe journalist who is sensitive to the segregation and bigotry of the time. She deicdes to write a book about these two maids, who tell them what it's like to be on the butt end of bigotry. Amazing writing, well rounded characters.
    I think Whoopi Goldberg would do well to play Minnie.

10. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

My own novel that I am working on. The main character is female but not so sure about the actress to play that role yet.

11. kd4rvb profile image60
    kd4rvbposted 6 years ago

I would love to see the Riftwar series by Raymond Feist made into a series of movies. He has created a very intricate world over the years he has been writing these novels. This is a fantasy series and is an engrossing tale. As for Actors, I have no clue. Which is probably why I don't work as a casting director. *chuckle* Great question.

12. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

David, the King..I wish for Steven Spielberg to make a movie about him..and present him, not as a legend, but as a man..who loved and had faith...