jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What are you reading this summer?

1. SummerSurf profile image59
    SummerSurfposted 6 years ago

What are you reading this summer?

2. kmackey32 profile image68
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

I may be reading a few hubs here and there. Thats prolly about it. I have a short attention span and could never sit long enouph to read a book...lol

3. twilightnera profile image62
    twilightneraposted 6 years ago

The 7th Harry Potter because I was so sad to see the last movie so I have to re-live it lol

4. .josh. profile image61
    .josh.posted 6 years ago

Just finishing up Tom Rob Smith's 'Agent 6' (the final part of the Leo Demidov trilogy - started with 'Child 44'), and sadly pretty disappointed. It gets good in the latter half of the book, but the first 250 pages are pretty underwhelming, particularly in comparison to 'Child 44' or 'The Secret Speech.'

Also reading Tana French's 'In the Woods,' and while I've heard that her conclusions often leave something to be desired, I'm loving it so far. She's a phenomenal writer.

If you're looking for an entertaining summer read, Emma Donoghue's 'Room' is excellent, and certainly the best of my 'summer reads' this year (though if you're like me, you'll probably get through it in a day or two).

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i just finished a really good book called "the help" it's about the black maids in 1960 mississippi. now i'm read "superfreakonomics and it's way better then i thought it would be. over the summer i will read at least 15 books so i'm not going to list them all.

6. seicheprey profile image61
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

Currently I'm reading George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones and I also just finished Hesitation Kills by Maj. Jane Blair, USMC.

7. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

George Martin's popular FIRE AND ICE series (on book 2). Trying to finish them all before watching the cable series.

8. SummerSurf profile image59
    SummerSurfposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the ideas so far.  I'm wishing to read a broader range of books, on different topics so this will be a great help for inspiring me.

9. profile image44
    nowucmeposted 6 years ago

Janet Evanovich ...the Plum series...I am on book three, very funny and entertaining!!!

working