jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why does Google penalise original articles

1. Gaizy profile image84
    Gaizyposted 6 years ago

Why does Google penalise original articles

I've read a number of comments about people who have had their work copied and re-published by someone else, and then have had their own (original) article penalised by Google, as if that was the copy!  They then have to send out something called a DMCA complaint (whatever that is). Google (apparently), has God-like knowledge of all things, so surely it knows what date each article was published - Is it beyond their wit to confir "original" status to the first instance of any article, and "copy" status to all subsequent publications.

2. Alastar Packer profile image83
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

Gaizy this might help. Go to myfreecopyright.com with each hub you do and then either paste and copy or just key in the copyright which has the date and time on it to the bottom of the article. Google usually will put this with your article when its indexed. Might be a preventative at least in some instances. May or may not be the reason but haven't had any probs since starting it.

3. halola1999 profile image59
    halola1999posted 6 years ago

your words are right" but here is the point" try to understand me and excuse me for my english"
    for ex : if u own a site and me own a site" my site page rank is much better than yours" thats means am appearing before you in the google search" so if you have write a topic and in the same hour after u published it " i took it and posted it in my site" google always goes to the high traffic sites frist" thats means they will considred this post as its mine and not yours" why? because of my hight traffic" here is the important point" if you have a site you should care the most about your Seo traffic.

4. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Yes. If someone has higher page rank and it is a site that is regularly updated then they have an advantage. 1. They hold more authority 2. Their content will be spidered far more frequently.
    There are people don't copy other people's articles necessarily but they will modify it slightly and will be the first to get the article spidered. You will have a hard time proving they are wrong if they know what they are doing. After that, the original writer might be penalized by search engines for being ....

Guess what Gaizy. I almost wrote enough to make a Hub about this here and so I wasn't able to finish what I was saying. Oh, maybe someone ought to follow me on Twitter because I might write about it sometime soon.

5. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

What a great question and thanks for asking. I say the cosmos just answered a question with Alastar Packer's reply. Or, "Stop, Hold the Presses" I'm gon'na do this. I am on vacation and I just slated tomorrow to using myfreecopyright.com with the hubs I have already written. THANK YOU Alastar Packer. Awesome.

And, thank you halola1999 & whoisbid for the education too!