jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

When you write, do you need food or drink at hand?

1. LearnFromMe profile image91
    LearnFromMeposted 6 years ago

When you write, do you need food or drink at hand?

I always have a glass of water or a coffee with me when I write. What do you have?

2. Rehana Stormme profile image83
    Rehana Stormmeposted 6 years ago

When I'm writing, I often forget to eat or drink!

3. Jen Pearson profile image72
    Jen Pearsonposted 6 years ago

No, but the kitchen isn't far away. Really, now that you bring it up, I should keep a glass of water by the computer. I need that reminder to drink more and a hydrated brain works better. Like Rehana, I'm more likely to forget about food and drink when I'm engrossed in something.

4. Hunbbel Meer profile image87
    Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago

As Rehana mentioned, when I write, I tend to forget all these things. Though, music is an exception.

5. anupma profile image80
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

I merely want some good thoughts that can inspire me to write. I forget everything even to attend calls. And I thinks whoever writes certainly forget everything except writing.

6. ktrapp profile image96
    ktrappposted 6 years ago

Not all. Writing sort of consumes me once I get into it.

7. Rob Jundt profile image87
    Rob Jundtposted 6 years ago

Sometimes both and sometimes neither, but most of the time something to drink. It seems I can go a while without food, but not having any water or something to drink gives me a headache which is not good for writing.

8. wonderingwoolley profile image56
    wonderingwoolleyposted 6 years ago

It depends. When I was in college, and writing several things for several classes, a large blue Monster, really helped me to settle down, focus and get those papers knocked out. Now, when I write something, I prefer hot chocolate or ginger ale. Their flavors are comforting and tasty. Generally I don't snack while writing because I usually do so on the computer, and I don't want my keyboard to get icky.